Musical Maggie

Musical Maggie
Day dreaming again...

Monday, August 9, 2010

My first post...Oh how exciting!  I will share with you that I am a runner.  I run to stay in shape and also to enjoy the outdoors.  The only race I ever run is the Turkey Trot 5K which is held on Thanksgiving Day.  I never win anything other than door prizes.  So my running hobby is not really exciting except for what I see when I hit the trail.  I am blessed to live near the C & O Canal National Historical Park where I jog at least 3 times a week.  I have seen wild swans, owls, deer, snapping turtles, cormorants, and a goat.  Yes, we have an escaped farm goat who has been living on the canal for over 3 months now.  He or she seems to have all he or she needs to survive, so far.

At this time of year I seldom take my ipod tunes along with me on a run as the music of the cicadas and the birds is all I need to keep me motivated.  Now, off I go for my daily run which will be even more fun today since I get to wear my new jogging skirt...the only clothing that can make me  feel pretty when I'm full of swet and stinking like road kill...

No comments:

Post a Comment